Monday, 30 January 2012
Howdy ya'll :)
Here's a link to where I got everything from if I could find a link online. Otherwise it can all be found instore:
- ASOS Bag
- Miss Selfridge Coat
- Wonderbra's in a sale
- Peacocks Belt
- Blush palette
- James Brown Products
Em :) xx
Wednesday, 25 January 2012
My lovely sister Brogan agreed to let me practise applying makeup, and I thought I'd post up the finished result here. I decided to go for a natural look which brought out her features as Brogan is not really one for intense or colourful looks. I'm quite pleased with how it turned out for my first attempt of applying makeup to someone else's face. Obviously I'm not planning to be the next Lisa Elridge (girl can dream) but it was fun to do and I enjoyed having a mess about!
Products Used (click to be brought to product online or for more info on a product):
- Simple Protecting Lotion spf 25, to protect the skin
- Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Foundation for oily sections of face
- Collection 2000 Colour Match Foundation for normal/dry sections of face
- Sheer Cover Concealer in 'Light' under eyes as it has yellow undertones to counteract purple of skin
- Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer, perfect for blemishes as high coverage
- Natural Collection Cream Blusher in 'Naked Glow', beige colour to suit colouring
- Sheer Cover Foundation Powder in Nude, to set face
- Sleek Contour and Highlight Kit in 'Light', to bring out bone structure
- Estee Lauder blusher in 'Peach Nuance', to add colour to Brogan's face
- Eyeshadow a range of browns from 88 Palette, to complement the blue of Brogan's eyes
- Clinique Gel Liner in '01 Black Honey', on outer three quarters of bottom eyes
Monday, 23 January 2012
Since I'm only taking one module at University instead of the usual three from February onwards, I finally decided to take the plunge and enrol in a makeup course at college. I decided to go for the course 'City and Guilds VRQ Level 2 Certificate in Makeup Application' as it's only a part time unit for twelve weeks so it will fit in really nicely with my other studies. It's a great way to start too because it means that I can complete another three units whenever I want and then I'd have a full NVQ Beauty Therapy Level 2 qualification. The unit itself is usually £200, but my college made it free which was a really nice surprise. For the course I needed to purchase a uniform and kit which was a bit pricey. The kit was £172.49 all together, and I'd heard it was really basic so I was a bit bummed about having to pay so much. It finally arrived today though so I thought I'd show you everything I got. To be honest, I feel like it was a fair price for how much I actually got, and once you have the kit you can use it for your other units which is great. Here is everything if you were wondering what you get in these kits, as I know I was really curious to see!
|The "Just For Eyes" Kit - £34.58|
The "Just for Eyes Kit" (£34.58) includes:
2 x Packet Individual Lashes
2 x Strip Lashes
3 x Tint Lash in colour Blue Black, Black & Brown
1 x Developer (needed for lash tint)
1 x Adhesive for the lashes
1 X Eyelash remover
1 x Mixing bowl
1 x Tweezers
The main kit I needed was called the 'Cosmetic Makeup Kit' which was £104.17. This came with some of the items in a clear case just like the above kit, and the rest of the makeup was packaged in a vanity bag.
Cosmetic Makeup Kit bag 1 included:
In this packet there was:
3 X Foundations in Light, Medium and Dark
3 X Foundations in Light, Medium and Dark
1 x Foundation brush
1 x Camouflage brush
1 X Powder brush
1 Pack Disposable Lip Brushes
Most of the makeup was packaged in this holdall :)
Cosmetic Makeup Kit Bag 2 Top section included:
3 x Creme Bases
1 x sharpener
3 x Blushers
2 x Mascara
3 x Concealer
1 X Contour/Highlight
3 x Lip liner
3 x Eyeliner
1 x Pack sponges
1 x Mixing Plate
1 x Bronzer
1 x Pack Eyeshadow brushes
1 x Pack disposable Eyelash Brushes
1 x Makeup Brushes
These items were packaged in the bottom of the kit:
Cosmetic Makeup Kit Bag 2 also included:
In this section you got:
4 x Lipstick
1 x Translucent Powder
4 x Cream Eyeshadow
8 x Powder Eyeshadow
1 x Liquid Eyeliner
1 x Lip gloss
And that's everything! I can't wait until I can use this stuff, but I have to admit that I'm nervous about the course in case everyone is really good at everything already. Still we can always only try our best!
Tuesday, 17 January 2012
|When I first bought it|
|The packaging after a few months|
Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear Concealer, I couldn't help but be sceptical.
Past experiences with Collection 2000 had honestly not been great, as the products tended to be cheap but also pretty awful. Still, always swayed by a hype I crumbled, only to find it a total staple in my makeup bag a few months later.
- Full coverage, perfect for covering up redness and acne
- Perfect base for eyelids before applying makeup
- Lasts a long time
- Good choice of shades for light skinned girls such as myself
- Very cheap, at only £4.19
- Matt finish, perfect for oilier skin tones
- Packaging is sturdy
-Due to its density and tendency to gather, the product looks overpowering under the eyes without a very good moisturiser
- It tends to gather and look a bit cakey, so does need to be checked upon and blended out accordingly throughout the day
- It tends to look quite mask-like and covers up all dewiness
- Not a particularly natural finish
- Writing on packaging rubs off after a few uses, meaning it can be hard to differentiate between shades etc.
I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS FOR: Those who need extra coverage, particularly if they struggle with acne or pigmentation issues such as myself. Also great for those who like a "flawless" finish to their makeup. Ideal for nights out where a more "done up" look is appropriate.
I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS FOR: Those who have very dry skin, or crevices/wrinkles as it tends to gather and accentuate these areas. This is also not the correct concealer for someone seeking a subtle/dewy/natural finish.
OVERALL RATING: 8.5/10
Wednesday, 11 January 2012
|Miss Selfridge Playsuit|
|AX Paris Dress|
Hey guys! Please could you help me decide what to wear for a night out this Saturday? My mam has already banned me from wearing those suspender tights in the first photo (she thinks uber slutty, I think not BUT I trust my Mam's opinion more than my own!) so imagine I'm wearing black tights in both pics :). Opinions greatly appreciated!
Saturday, 7 January 2012
- Aztec Cardi http://www.missselfridge.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIn...
- Burgandy Blazer
- Black bra
- Nude bra
- Snake ring
- GHD Straighteners
- ASOS Lip paints
I've noticed with ASOS & Miss Selfridge they often take something off the website only to put it on at a later date even with sale items, so if something is out of stock don't get disheartened!
Thanks for watching, please feel free to link me your January Sales purchases as I love a bargain!