Tuesday, 12 June 2012
How To: Facial Massage Routine Demo
Above is the facial massage routine we must learn for the NVQ City and Guild Facial Routine. These are so relaxing self indulgent even if you're doing it on yourself and are well worth incorporating into your skincare routine. There's loads of benefits of facial massage which I'm going to write up in a post soon so watch out for that!
Before performing a facial massage, the skin should be superficially cleansed, deep cleansed toned and exfoliated.
For the massage apply a walnut size of facial massage cream/oil/talc which should be warmed up in your hands before applying to the client.
1. The therapist’s hands should be warm, supple and relaxed.
2. No sudden or jerky movements except in some specific techniques.
3. Some medium should be used to make good contact and assist easy movement over the surface of the face.
4. Manual contact with the client should be maintained at all times and the hands should never be lifted from one part of the face to another but should slide from one point to another without breaking contact.
5. The client must be warm, relaxed and comfortably supported and the atmosphere should be quiet so a soft tone of voice should be used.
6. Talking should be discouraged during facial massage so that the client can relax fully.
7. The therapist must be comfortably positioned before she starts and personal hygiene impeccable. Cleanliness is essential.
8. Nails must be short so that scratching is eliminated and the hands well cared for and supple.
9. Breathing into the clients face should be avoided.
10. The cream used should never be put straight onto the clients face but should be warmed first between the therapist’s hands.
1. Six deep lifts
2. Thumb frictions to trapezius x3
3. Chin brace
4. Knuckling down both sides of the neck, across the chest working towards the back onto the deltoid and along the trapezius
5. Alternate scissor stroking from the chin to the ear
6. Roll -- patting to left temple x16
7. 8 half moons to left temple
8. 32 roll -- patting movements to right temple
9. 8 half moons to right temple
10. 16 roll - patting back to centre forehead
11. Go around eyes with ring finger and middle fingers x1
12. Using your ring finger do small circles under the eyes
13. Round the eyes x1
14. 3 pyramids
15. Round the eyes x1
16. Figure of 8 movement across forehead
17. Whipping along jaw line
18. Stroke to soothe
19. Repeat movement number 4 (knuckling)
20. 6 Deep trapezius lifts (head on one side) -- both sides
21. Effleurage on pectoral region
22. Whole face lift to finish.
Following a facial massage, you can use a mask and moisturiser. Hope you liked this video and if you have any questions I'll do my best to answer them! Em x